EU Approved Antigen Tests for sale at My Medi Shelf November 24, 2021
How A Pulse Oximeter Could Save Lives? November 15, 2021
Is Your Hand Sanitiser Damaging Your Skin? November 10, 2021
Hand Sanitization Is Now More Critical Than Ever, According to a New Report
For obvious reasons, cleanliness and hygiene have become the buzzwords of 2020.
Despite the fact that hand sanitizer is now widely available in supermarkets, restaurants, and bars around the country, many people still leave the house without it.
Here are some startling statistics that might make you reconsider leaving your hand sanitizer at home.
In a study of 2,000 adults from across the UK, it was found that:
- 29% of respondents admitted to having sneezed or coughed into their hands whilst holding onto a handrail on public transport
- Only 50% of respondents said they carry hand sanitiser with them when visiting a supermarket
- A meagre 36% of respondents said they carry hand sanitiser when visiting a restaurant
- And only 30% of respondents said they carry hand sanitiser with them when going to a pub or bar
- In total, 65% of respondents admitted they sanitise before entering a bar or restaurant
For parents of school children, only 51% felt comfortable sending their kids back to school, with 37% admitting they were nervous. While children aren’t known for their cleanliness, with the right guidance they can learn how to use hand sanitiser to stay safe and protected from germs and bacteria.
It’s not all bad though, the study also revealed that since the advent of COVID-19, 74% of people are warier of making sure they clean their hands.
It’s clear people need to remain vigilant and stay healthy by washing their hands regularly and using an on the go hand sanitiser when this isn’t available. Whether you’re at a bar or restaurant, on public transport or even just at home, maintaining hand hygiene is more important than ever.