Your Skin and Stress March 29, 2021
How To Avoid Skin Flare-Ups During Coronavirus Lockdown March 29, 2021
What Is Dyshidrosis and How To Cure It? March 28, 2021
How To Avoid Skin Flare-Ups During Coronavirus Lockdown
This is clearly a difficult one; how can we relax in the midst of the world's most intense global event in a century?! However, the most important thing you can do for yourself and your skin right now is to relax; tension is one of skin's biggest enemies.
- Get outside into the fresh air, even for a short time, if you possibly can
- BREATHE: long, deep, slow out-breaths stimulate the vagus nerve and rest the body. Give yourself five minutes every few hours to slow it down.
- Find an activity you can lose yourself in: colouring in, knitting, cooking, drawing, gardening. Find the flow.
- Download a soothing app and check in with it regularly
- Get on a video call with your friends and family: a laugh with mates is a great way of lowering stress hormones like cortisol.